Monday, January 4, 2016

Makeup Detective
Uncovering clues from around the world in search for the newest, truest, most honest skin care and glorifying makeup.

I read quite a bit. I read from other bloggers, cosmetic industry experts, scientists, doctors, and websites dedicated to the art of transformation. I watch how to video's on YouTube and I must say I am absolutely astounded as to how many "stars" have been born that use, review and get paid for products. You see, companies are ultra savy; they know most women are modern day Ponce de Leon's in search of the elixir, the potion, the serum that will fade and reverse the tell tale markings of a well (or not so well) lived life.

Please don't misunderstand me, Universe. I am not against looking my best, striving for that comfortable place where I thrust the front door open, confident in my appearance and at peace with that current day's reflection. Is it just me, or do we look slightly different every day? When I think of the man hour's (no pun intended!) that we as women collectively take to meet that simple goal is agonizingly set to infinity. Why is that? What are we really looking for? Is it psychological warfare that predates us to the Stone Age? I really don't know. Could it be our need to be wanted, loved, desired, admired? Is that Daddy little girl thing gone awry? Well, whatever the heck it is, I'm just as stuck in the quicksand as anybody else.

Keeping all this in mind, I decided I would be a completely unbiased truth seeker in the mystical land of mascara and eyeliner, anti aging serums and epidermal rejuvenation. I want to test, sniff, smear, rub, soak, slick, scrub and apply as many products as my pocketbook allows and my husband is unaware of.
That is my mission. You may accompany me if you wish on this journey paved with tubes and jars, needles and creams. You are out there, right?

I want to know why we came from years and days like this:

to where we are today.




5 comments:

  1. Really cool intro! You have me intrigued, will check you out again to see your progress, I'm curious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... like i totally think this is really awesome info. Thanks! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all this info! You know what your talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! It's hard to be beautiful! Its a ton of work but it's better to look good then to feel good! This is great info! Can;t wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

Please join me with suggestions, ideas and comments. be respectful and no potty mouth. I'll answer as soon as I can, and subscribe to my blog for updates on this journey