Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy Sunday makeup gangsters! I'm sitting here with a Korean mask on my face which promises to brighten, nourish and leave my skin healthy. We shall see about that. My husband, bless his uncomplaining heart has seen it all. He doesn't even flinch anymore when I show up in all manner of appearance, which is a very good thing because I'm no longer to blame for spit out coffee or choking.  I'm willing  to experiment and sacrifice my time, resources and face to "the Cause". I promise you, cross my heart, to deliver unbiased reviews. I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, nor a scientist, biologist or jack of all trades. I am an explorer, an adventuress, an investigator, and self proclaimed Makeup Detective.

My mission is perhaps impossible in theory, but dammit I'm relentless. Many feminists have written things like, be proud of those lines, they tell a story. Or something like, getting old gracefully is a gift, and yada, yada, yada. Some say superficial appearance is shallow and void of substance. Well, screw that! A woman can be accomplished in many facets of her life and be gung ho over equal rights (like I am). Independence can be screaming from her every pore and she can still want to look foxy at fifty or sixty plus. Why not? It's our gender exclusive right to do so. It's our birthright and hardwired into our essence. It doesn't diminish our accomplishments or subjugate us to the opposite sex. I find it empowering. For me, conquering a wrinkle is satisfying in a smug kind of way. Wearing makeup is fun! Finding skin creams and the like to try is a woman's boudoir laboratory. We try, we discover, we discard, we try some more. It's a shared experience with women all over the world, from every continent and tradition.

I may not find a Masai warrior's ideal of beauty beautiful per se, because I'm not a Masai warrior. They may be horrified at mine but that's fine because the intent is the same. We can discuss the psychology of attractiveness which has been studied and elaborated on by experts in that field. In general, they talk about the ratio of eyes to nose, to mouth etc. and the ratio of waist to hips and so on. It's the meter we all have when we categorize and analyze a face's beauty. We all instinctively know what's beautiful because we're programmed to identify it.

Therefor without further ado I will begin this journey of discovery and begin reporting my findings on products and all manner of contraptions I have lined up for review.
My next post will be the first in this experiment. Now, have a nice couple of days. I have to peel off this Korean mask before I am permanently attached.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join me with suggestions, ideas and comments. be respectful and no potty mouth. I'll answer as soon as I can, and subscribe to my blog for updates on this journey